Cheap and valuable baby food - recipes
When bringing up a child, we try to take care of their proper physical, mental and emotional development. We want it to be healthy and not lack anything. Proper nutrition also includes this. How to provide your child with a diet rich in valuable products? The question is answered by a dietitian, Kinga Głaszewska, MA.
Watch the video: "A protective mask or a handkerchief? An expert explains what to cover the mouth with"
1. Child's diet
First of all, you need to answer the question what is valuable food. Simply put, it has some nutritional value - a good vitamin and mineral composition. Valuable food is unprocessed food.
We often don't have ideas for meals for our kids. Unfortunately, there is no ready-made, generally available "diet for children", there is no one recommended diet. Caring for the diet of the youngest, we must take into account, among others their gender and age.
How to give your child vegetables? (GettyImages)
- Up to 9 years of age recommendations for energy consumption or individual vitamins and minerals do not differ significantly from each other. In the age of 10 some values may change. From a nutritional point of view, vegetables should definitely be the basis of children's diet. If we could convince a child to 4-5 servings of vegetables a day, the situation would be ideal - says Kinga Głaszewska.
If the child is a fussy eater, it is worthwhile to diversify the food. Make it more visually appealing to the child. Here, colorful dishes such as sandwiches-pictures or food colored with natural dyes, e.g. with the addition of algae (chlorella and spirulina) will work. We also often face a problem when our child does not want to eat vegetables.
- If he is not convinced to eat salads, it is worth smuggling vegetables in, for example, vegetable pates. It will also work well to involve your child in the preparation of meals. Then there is a greater chance that he will eat something - advises Głaszewska.
2. Food for allergy sufferers
And what if our child is allergic or suffers from various intolerances, such as lactose intolerance?
- Increasingly, children eat selectively. There are intolerances, food allergies or autism spectrum disorders, which also affect food intake and digestion. Children with autism or Asperger's syndrome have a very high food selectivity, so sometimes writing a diet is quite a challenge - notes the dietitian
A proper diet should consist of low-processed products, contain at least 2 daily servings of vegetables and fruit (1 serving is about 150 g) and whole grains every day.
- It is worth eating groats every day - different and in various forms (e.g. millet balls, millet burgers, casseroles based on groats). Pancakes are made only from healthier flours (spelled flour will work well). To diversify the pancakes, you can add a little spirulina to them, which will color them blue, or instead of using milk, make them with carrot juice - then they will be orange - says Głaszewska. - It is worth remembering about calcium, which is found, for example, in dairy products or plant drinks (read labels whether drinks are fortified with calcium). Children usually like spaghetti, so serve it with whole grain pasta, lean poultry and homemade Bolognese sauce, she adds.
3. Recipes for dishes for children
- potatoes - 100 g,
- beetroot - 100 g,
- carrots - 80 g,
- olive oil 10 ml,
- Herbes de Provence.
Cut vegetables into sticks, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with herbs. Bake 35-40 minutes at 180 degrees (baking time may vary depending on the oven)
Bean and Coconut Cookies (a good way to smuggle vegetables):
- plant drink (almond milk),
- coconut shrims,
- rice flour,
- baking powder,
Blend the beans, vegetable drink, banana, xylitol in a bowl. Add coconut flakes, rice flour, baking powder and linseed. Mix. Line a baking tray with baking paper, lightly brush with vegetable oil. Put out the cookies formed in the palm of your hand or with a spoon (so that they form better in your hand, moisten your hands with cold water). Bake for 20 minutes at 180 degrees with a thermo-circulation function.
- bananas 100 g,
- milk or vegetable drink enriched with calcium 120 ml,
- 1/4 tsp spirulina,
- a handful of spinach,
Mix everything together.
Let me know if any of these dishes are on your favorites list.
Do you have a news, photo or video? Send us via czassie.wp.pl
See also: What a cutie! The sextuplets mom posted a lovely photo. "I doubted it would work"
Recommended by our experts
The grandmother of the six kids from Krakow does not hide her emotions. "Home kindergarten" (VIDEO)
Grandfather of six children about his grandchildren (WIDEO)
Sześcioraczki from Krakow. Filip and Tymon come home (WIDEO)