Diamond. Properties and patterns
A rhombus is a quadrilateral with sides of equal length. Each is a parallelogram and a deltoid - its diagonals intersect at their centers. A special example of a rhombus is a square, which is a rhombus with diagonals of the same length and all right angles. What are the properties of the rhombus? What is the formula for its circumference and area?
See the video: "Why Do Girls Get Better Grades in School?"
1. Properties of the rhombus
A rhombus, also known as a slash, is a quadrilateral with all equal sides and diagonals intersecting at right angles. What other properties does it have?
- The rhombus is a convex figure;
- The diagonals intersect at right angles, dividing the rhombus into four congruent right-angled triangles;
- The sum of the measures of all interior angles is 2π (360 °);
- The sum of the measures of the two adjacent internal angles is π (180 °);
- Each diagonal coincides with the axis of symmetry of the rhombus;
- Each diagonal coincides with the bimodal angles;
- The point of intersection of the diagonals of the rhombus divides them in half;
- The point of intersection of the diagonals determines the center of the inscribed circle;
- The point of intersection of the diagonals is the center of symmetry of the diamond.
How can I help my child learn math?
Mathematics is one of the most problematic subjects for students. Why? Queen...read the article
2. The pattern for the circumference of the rhombus
We can calculate the circumference of the rhombus according to the formula:
Circ = 4a
Rhombus field - pattern
A rhombus is a quadrilateral with all sides of equal length. Diagonals of the rhombus intersect at an angle ...read the article
3. The formula for the area of the diamond
The area of the rhombus can be calculated on the basis of the following formulas:
P = d1 * d2 / 2
where d1 and d2 are the diagonals of the rhombus or:
P = a * h
where a is the side of the rhombus and h is the height dropped to that side.